The Virtual Lamb Slam is a creation of Broken Seal Club Lambs, Glenford, Ohio.
We are happy to announce that profits from Virtual Lamb Slam events will be donated to support agricultural based non-profit organizations that will ultimately be chosen by our followers and participants. We gladly accept donations and sponsorship packages on behalf of our charities and our winning exhibitors, so please contact us for details.
With support from all of our sponsors and participants we want to bring showing back to your barn. Please see our social media for regular updates and news about upcoming shows and results!
CONTEST FORMAT GENERAL INFORMATION:
1. Black Face
2. White Face
4. White Face Influence
6. Commercial Ewes (see below)
Market divisions are open to wethers or ewe lambs; ewe lambs can compete in respective market division and commercial ewe with separate entries (same video may be submitted separately).
Classes determined by weight after close of entries.
The top two placing lambs in each class compete for division top two placing in division will compete for Overall Grand and Reserve Champion.
Judge's selection is final.
Class: Grand and Reserve Champions will be awarded banners in each class.
Division: Grand and Reserve Champions will be awarded banners in each division.
Overall: Grand and Reserve Champions will be awarded large banners for each contest.
Other prizes will be offered on a per contest basis at the discretion of the judges and sponsors; see specific contest details in the "show ring" for more information.
GENERAL RULES & GUIDELINES:
Virtual Lamb Slam shows and contests are open to ALL of the nation's sheep showing youth to enter and enjoy. In honor of our mission to promote youth sheep showing experiences we ask that you follow the rules and guidelines for these virtual shows and competitions:
- Open to all states and exhibitors up to 21 years of age. If you can upload a video, you can show
- Virtual showing judged on a 60-90 second video from a well lit area; Videos must highlight the profile (side), front, rear, on the move and on flat ground. Please see demonstration video for example.
- Market divisions are open to wethers or ewe lambs; ewe lambs can compete in respective market division and commercial ewe with separate entries (same video may be submitted separately).
- No awards (ribbons, trophies, banners, etc.) can be included in the video. No names or ranch names are to be displayed in the videos.
- Sheep should be of shorn (rough or slick) fit, cleaned and in the same, or similar presentation as you would for a live show.
- There is a $25 entry fee that sponsors awards for our champions. A portion of the proceeds from events will be donated to a national agricultural, or livestock based charity chosen by our participants and followers
- Video must be submitted with our easy to use web forms (links in the show ring); no emailed entries will be opened, or accepted; multiple entries allowed with separate online entry forms and entry fees
- No limits on the number of entries per participant
- Videos can be disqualified at the judges' discretion for poor quality or inappropriate content.
- We reserve the right to cancel classes and/or move divisions based on entries and classification.